New Customer Service Center Ensures Successful Holiday Season
Friday, October 23, 2015
With the holiday season quickly approaching, a Fortune 100 e-retailer was looking for a developer that could deliver guaranteed results. They chose EMD Holdings (Now TW Development Group) because of its expertise in accelerated timelines and network of top-class providers.
In a tight five month window, TW was able to coordinate the ground-up construction of this 70,000 SF customer service center in Huntington, WV. This facility is the home to 700 regular associates and up to 900 during high volume seasons.
Construction was delayed by more than three weeks due to over 31 inches of rain in April and May...but time was made up quickly and the project was completed from ground up in five months.
- 17 rooftop heating and cooling units providing 183.5 tons of cooling
- 34,500lbs of ductwork
- HVAC system allows for adjustment anywhere in the world via internet
- Two dedicated 8-ton computer room systems control temperature and humidity
- 125 tons joists, girders and bridging
- 710 squares of roof decking
- 25.4 tons of structural steel
"I am pleased to say that because of EMD's coordination (Now TW Development Group) and insights into the complexity of our job, we were able to accomplish all the tasks necessary for success. We were kept current on each phase of the project and were able to anticipate the construction needs and timetable."
Tom Bell, Executive Director | Huntington Municipal Development Authority